Quick-install backing clips for steel stud framing
- Two clips in one (illustrated A side/B side)
- Centrally located Relief cut allows the installer to separate the clip into 2 half clips. These halves are used at the end of wall runs, door or window openings, etc.
- The clip illustrated here is designed to receive 6" wide by 3/4" plywood backing board and snap over 1 3/8" to 1 1/2" stud widths (the most common). It can be screwed onto thinner studs without the benefit of the mantisgrip snap.
- The mantisgrip clip is available for all widths and thickness' of backing board and studs. An order form is available to you on the website.
Installation can't get easier. Begin immediately after the wall or ceiling is framed. Don't wait on other trade rough-ins!
- Set-up your laser to top, centerline or bottom of backing.
- Snap on the clip and adjust to laser line.
- Continue snapping on until the entire run is completed.
- Walk back through and securing the clips with 2 wafferheaded framer screws.
- After the other trades roughin is complete come back and snap in the backer boards setting them firmly into the backer grips.
- Option: run a self drilling drywall screw through the face of the backing board into the clip. (Ideal for heavier then trim and white board wall mounted items)